Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- hot oil for frying, 2 or 3 inches deep
- confectioner's sugar, cinnamon sugar, or thin glaze to coat
- Beat eggs until light and lemon colored.
- Gradually beat in sugar. Continue beating until mixture is thick and ribbony.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the egg mixture, stirring until moist.
- Chill dough until firm enough to handle.
- Turn out 1/2 of dough onto a lightly floured board.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Roll dough 3/4 inch thick. Cut.
- Let stand 15 minutes to form a light crust.
- Fry 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side in hot (365 degrees) oil.
- Drain on absorbent toweling.
- Coat as desired.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.