Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) warm (110 degree) water
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 2 3/4 to 3 cups (700 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water as directed on the package.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour, the sugar, salt, and yeast in a mixing bowl.
- Beat on High speed with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the rest of the flour by hand to make a stiff dough.
- Turn out on a lightly floured board.
- Knead for 8 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 12 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into logs and bring ends together, sealing carefully.
- Cover. Let raise 20 minutes.
- Broil on an ungreased cookie sheet 5 inches from the heat for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes each side.
- Add 1 tbsp (15 ml) of sugar to 1 gallon (3.8 ltr) of water in a large pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer.
- Cook the bagels 4 at a time for 7 minutes, turning once.
- Bake boiled bagels for 25 minutes at 375 degrees (200 C.) on an ungreased sheet.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.