Print Friendly Recipe
- A tasty, hearty soup! (Even if we're not from Wisconsin!)
- Winter Wonders'
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 2 cups (475 ml) raw Potatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) onion, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, diced
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dry mustard
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) half & half
- 8 oz (224 grm). beer
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). Tobasco
- 8 oz (224 grm). sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- Combine first five ingredients in large pot, add boiling water to cover and simmer 20min. till tender.
- All water will be absorbed.
- In another pan, melt butter and add flour to make a roux.
- Cook,stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add dry mustard, chicken broth, half & half, beer, Worcestershire, Tobasco.
- Cook, stirring constantly till it thickens.
- Add cheese and stir till it melts and is blended.
- Combine in the big pot and heat thoroughly, stirring constantly.
- Oops, Add the Tomatoes in with the Cheese!!
- This recipe goes way back in our family. It's one of the first 'Cold-Weather"
meals I prepare in October. Hope you enjoy!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2016 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.