Print Friendly Recipe
- Vegetarian Burgers
- Exported from MasterCook/Recipe by Sarah Schlesinger, 500 fa
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peas
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) corn
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) thyme
- 3 large potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) bread crumbs, whole-grain, nonfat
- Heat water in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, red pepper, green pepper, celery, zucchini, and onions.
- Cook and stir for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain vegetables. Stir in peas, corn, and thyme.
- Mash the cooked potatoes in a large bowl. Stir in egg whites and skim milk.
- Stir potato mixture into vegetable mixture and shape into 12 burgers.
- Place crumbs in shallow bowl; dip burger in crumbs to coat.
- Brown burgers in a non-stick skillet, or in a skillet sprayed lightly with vegetable cooking spray, for 5 minutes.
- Turn and saute for 5 minutes more.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.