Print Friendly Recipe
- Chef Reese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 medium onion,chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic,chopped
- 2 dozen mushrooms,sliced
- 2 bunches fresh basil
- 1 can Italian tomatoes or 20 Italian roma tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vodka
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) heavy whipping creaam
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta
- grated parmesan cheese and crushed dried basil for garnish
- Melt butter with olive oil in a hot skillet.
- Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes, basil,crushed pepper flakes, salt, pepper and vodka.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes
- Cook penne(or other pasta) according to package instructions.
- Drain and place on platter or in serving dish or bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, place simmered sauce in food processor or blender.
- Add whipping cream to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over pasta and serve garnished with crushed basil and grated parmesan.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.