Print Friendly Recipe
- Sandra Phipps "Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook"
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil or cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp (1 ml) crused red pepper
- 1 10 ounce can whole baby clams
- 2 14 1/2 ounce can whole Italian-style tomatoes, cut up
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh snipped parsley
- 5-1/2 tsp (25 ml) fresh basil or 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) anchovy paste(optional)
- 3 cups (700 ml) dried mostaccioli or cavatelli
- For sauce, in a large skillet cook garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 30 seconds.
- Add black pepper and red pepper. Cook and stir for 30 seconds more.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain clams, reserving juice. Set clams aside.
- Add reserved clam juice and undrained tomatoes to skillet.
- Stir in parsley, basil, and, if desired, anchovy paste.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or to desired consistency.
- Stir in clams; heat through.
- Cook mostaccioli or cavatelli about 14 minutes or till tender but still firm.
- Drain well. Serve sauce over pasta.
- Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 35 minutes
- This is a low-fat dish.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.