Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious Southern Delight
- Edith Smith
- 3 sticks margarine (softened)
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package cream cheese(softened)
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 3 cups (700 ml) cake flour
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla flavoring
- dash of salt
- Combine margarine, cream cheese and sugar and cream well.
- Add salt and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each.
- Add flour a little at a time mixing well after addition.
- Pour into a greased and floured large tube pan.
- Place pan in a COLD oven and set at 275 degrees (125 C.).
- Bake one and one half hours or until done. Cool in the pan.
- *Note: May use low or no fat margarine and cream cheese to reduce fat
- content. May also use other type of flavoring such as black walnut or
- lemon to drastically change the taste.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.