Print Friendly Recipe
- Nathalee Dupree, TVFN, Exported from MasterCook
- 2 eggplants
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 med onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 cups (1900 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Parmesan cheese, fresh, grated
- Cut the eggplants in half and score the flesh.
- Brush the cut sides with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the olive oil.
- Place on a hot grill or under the broiler and cook until browned and soft, about 10 minutes.
- Scoop out the flesh and coarsely chop it. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large, heavy pot.
- Add the onions and garlic, and saute over medium heat until golden, 7 or 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook just until they begin to wilt and release their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggplant flesh and the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Add the basil and oregano, and cook 2 minutes more.
- Strain the solids from the liquid, reserving the hot liquid in the pot.
- Puree the solids in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
- Return the puree to the pot and reheat to just below simmer.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and Tabasco.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.