Print Friendly Recipe
- 6 oz (168 grm). German chocolate
- 3 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dairy sour cream
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter/margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) cream
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Melt chocolate, stir until smooth, set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add flour and eggs, one at a time, as well as chocolate. Blend well.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250 degrees (125 C.), bake 35 minutes.
- Loosen cake from pan with knife edge.
- Cool completely.
- The recipe's developer says she tried a sauce variation that proved more
popular than the traditional pecan/coconut combination above. She finely
chopped 4 ounces of German chocolate and poured a scalded combination of
3/4 cup of cream and 1 tablespoon of butter over the chocolate. She
whisked this until a smooth ganache formed. She then ladled this onto
the plate, placed the cheesecake in the center, then sprinkled the
whole thing with pecans.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.