Print Friendly Recipe
- Searchable Online Archive of Recipes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Chicken stock or bouillon
- 1 cup (225 ml) Milk or half-and-half
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Onion, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Canned diced green chilies
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in stock and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat, until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in onion, chilies, salt and cheese.
- Serve warm as dipping sauce, or pour over entrees such as eggs.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.