Print Friendly Recipe
- Better Homes and Gardens via Internet
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 egg
- grated parmesan cheese
- 12 oz (336 grm). bulk pork or Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 2 oz (56 grm). can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Unroll pizza dough.
- Roll or stretch dough into a 15-inch x 10-inch rectangle.
- Cut into six 5-inch squares.
- In a skillet, saute sausage until brown.
- Stir in pizza sauce, cheese and drained mushrooms.
- Cook until heated through.
- Divide filling among squares.
- Brush edges with water.
- Lift one corner and stretch dough over to the opposite corner.
- Press edges of dough together well, with a fork, to seal.
- Arrange on a greased baking sheet.
- Prick tops with a fork.
- Combine egg and 1 tsp (5 ml) water.
- Brush egg onto calzones.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake in preheated 425 degree (225 C.) oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.