Print Friendly Recipe
- Yum Yum Recipe Internet site
- Your own deep-dish pizza dough
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). container ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). prosciutto, sliced OR dry salami, cut into strips
- 2 cups (475 ml) mozzarella cheese (whole-milk), shredded
- cornmeal, for baking sheet
- olive oil
- Prepare deep-dish pizza dough and let it rise.
- While dough rises, prepare filling:
- In a medium frying pan, heat tomato oil over moderate heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft but not browned.
- Mix in garlic, then remove pan from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese with dried tomatoes and parsley.
- Stir in cooked onion mixture.
- Divide dough into two equal portions.
- Roll each half out on a floured surface to a 12-inch circle.
- Spread half of the ricotta filling over half of each circle of dough, leaving about a 1/2-inch margin.
- Fold circles in halves over filling.
- Moisten edges and pinch together [or press edges together with tines of fork] to seal.
- Sprinkle a large, greased baking sheet lightly with cornmeal.
- Place calzones well apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Let rise until puffy (12 to 15 minutes).
- Brush tops lightly with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated 450 degree (225 C.) oven until nicely browned.
- Serve hot.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.