Print Friendly Recipe
- A Love
Serves/Makes:1 dozen yield
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) yeast
- 2 cups (475 ml) lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) honey
- 5-1/2 cups (1300 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 3-1/2 quarts (3300 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- sesame seeds
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add honey, stirring well.
- Stir in 2 cups (475 ml) flour and 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt; mix well.
- Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto heavily floured surface(dough will be sticky), and knead until smooth and elastic(8-10 minutes).
- Place dough in well greased bowl.
- Cover dough, and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough, and divide into 12 equal pieces.
- Roll each into a smooth ball.
- Punch a hole in the center of each ball with a floured finger.
- Gently pull dough away from the center to make a 1 inch hole.
- Place shaped bagels on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise 15 minutes.
- Broil bagels 5 inches from heat 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Bring water and salt to boil in a large dutch oven.
- Reduce heat, and simmer bagels 3 minutes on each side.
- Place bagels on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds; lightly press seeds into bagels.
- Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.