Print Friendly Recipe
- Randy Pollack via Searchable Online Archive of Recipes
- 6 med Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) Butter
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) Flour
- 1 med Onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups (1425 ml) Milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Thyme leaves, dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Smoked ham hock or 1 ham bone
- 1 cup (225 ml) Mashed potatoes
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Carrot, grated
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter and saute onions until lightly browned.
- Add flour and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add milk, stirring until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken slightly.
- Add thyme leaves, ham hock/bone and mashed potatoes.
- Cover and place in preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven; bake for 1 hour or until diced potatoes are tender.
- If soup is too thick, think with a little cold milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish individual bowls with chopped fresh parsley and grated carrot.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.