Print Friendly Recipe
- Searchable Online Archive of Recipes Internet Site
- Clam sauce:
- 3 pounds Clams
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Salt (for soaking clams)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Olive oil
- 6 med cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Red pepper flakes
- 1 can Tomato puree (10-3/4 oz (301 grm).)
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pound Vermicelli pasta, cooked
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Parmesan cheese, grated
- Put clams into large pan and cover with water.
- Pour in the salt, stir, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Saute about 2 minutes
- Add tomato puree and wine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Drain clams in a colander and rinse well.
- Put clams into the sauce with half of the parsley.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook about 7 minutes, or until clam shells have opened.
- Discard any clams which have not opened.
- Remove clams with slotted spoon.
- Place in bowl and cover with foil.
- Drain pasta and put into the sauce.
- Stir for about 3 minutes, so that pasta absorbs some of the sauce.
- Toss with the remaining parsley, the Parmesan and clams.
- Serve on heated plates or in pasta bowls.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.