Print Friendly Recipe
- Olive Garden Restaurant via Abilene Reporter News (3/10/94)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). spinach
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (225 ml) cnion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). olive oil
- 3 cups (700 ml) ricotta cheese
- 1-2/3 cups (400 ml) parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). black pepper
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) basil leaves, dried
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) oregano leaves,dried
- 16 lasagna noodles
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (225 ml) marinara sauce or tomato-cream sauce, as desired
- extra parmesan cheese
- Steam spinach until tender.
- Press out excess moisture and chop coarsely.
- Chop mushrooms and onions and mince garlic.
- Saute mushrooms, onions and garlic in 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil over medium-high heat, until onions are tender.
- Drain excess liquid and cool.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 2/3 cup (150 ml) Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, pepper, basil and oregano in large bowl.
- Add cooled spinach and mushroom-onion mixture.
- Mix on mixer's low speed just until blended.
- Cook lasagna according to package directions.
- Rinse under cool water and drain thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Place four lasagna strips in bottom of lightly oiled 9 x 13 inch pan, overlapping slightly.
- Top with 2 cups (475 ml) of spinach filling.
- Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded Mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup (80 ml) Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layering two more times, and top with remaining four lasagna strips.
- Spread 1 cup (225 ml) of marinara or tomato-cream sauce over top and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven, covered, for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and keep warm at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- Top with extra parmesan cheese.
- (Can be refrigerated a day in advance of baking if desired.)
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.