Print Friendly Recipe
- Internet Site; BPE copyright
- 6 oz (168 grm) Mascarpone cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Icing or Confectioners sugar
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) Kahlua, any coffee-flavored
- liqueur, or very strong coffee
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Whipping cream
- 12 Lady fingers
- Beat the cheese, cocoa powder, icing sugar, 3 tbsp (45 ml) of the Kahlua, 1/2 tsp (2 ml) of the vanilla extract in a large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
- In another bowl, whip the whipping ream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture.
- Combine the remaining Kahlua and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Cut the lady fingers in half lenghwise.
- Using either a 1-quart glass dessert bowl or 6 individual glass bowls, place one layer of lady fingers on the bottom.
- Brush with some of the Kahlua/vanilla mixture.
- 1/3 Spoon of the cheese mixture on top of the lady finger layer.
- Repeat two more times until there are three layers of both lady fingers and cheese mixture.
- If there are lady fingers left, use them to decorate the top of the dessert, drizzling any leftover Kahlua/vanilla mixture over the fingers.
- Dust the top lightly with cocoa powder and serve with sweetened whipped cream if desired.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.