Print Friendly Recipe
- Searchable Online Archive of Recipes Internet Site
- 24 pieces Crawfish, soft-shell, fresh
- Buttermilk for dipping
- Flour for dipping
- Oil for frying
- Hollandaise sauce for topping
- Crawfish stuffing:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Onion, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Black pepper
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 4 cups (950 ml) Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Cayenne pepper
- 4 cups (950 ml) White bread, chopped
- 2 pounds Crawfish tails, chopped
- Hollandaise Sauce:
- 10 Egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Tarragon vinegar
- 1 pound Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Cream sherry
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- Remove top shell from each crawfish and the two calcium deposits (hard, stonelike substances above eyes). Discard.
- Prepare crawfish stuffing:
- a. Melt butter in large saucepan.
- b. Add flour and stir over heat until light brown.
- c. Add onion and garlic; saute.
- d. Remove from heat; add parsley, seasonings, egg, chopped bread and crawfish tails and stir until mixed.
- Replace shell with crawfish stuffing; stuffing can be applied easily with pastry bag.
- Dip crawfish first in buttermilk, then in flour.
- Fry to a golden brown.
- Prepare Hollandaise sauce:
- a. Combine all ingredients except butter in top of double boiler.
- b. Heat water in bottom of double boiler to boiling point.
- c. With whisk, mix egg mixture over hot water until egg is creamy and lemon-colored (will thicken to consistency of soft pudding).
- d. Remove from heat and continue to whisk while slowly adding butter.
- Cover stuffed fried crawfish with Hollandaise sauce and serve.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.