Print Friendly Recipe
- Houston Chronicle through Internet
- 3 pounds Crawfish
- 2 ounces Olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Paprika
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) Cayenne pepper
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) Water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Tomato paste
- 3 cups (700 ml) Whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Tomato, chopped
- 2 ounces Brandy (4 tbsp)
- Boil crawfish in a large pot of water.
- Drain and cool until crawfish can be handled easily.
- Remove tail and save shells.
- Refrigerate tail meat.
- Heat oil in large sauce pan or Dutch oven.
- Add crawfish shells, paprika and cayenne.
- Saute 5 minutes.
- Add water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid into another pan.
- Crush shells to remove remaining liquid.
- Add that liquid to pan.
- Discard shells.
- Return liquid to heat and add onion, bell pepper, tomato paste, cream and tomato.
- Simmer 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Add brandy and crawfish tail meat.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.