Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) rice, raw
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato paste OR
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can tomatoes puree
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- If sweet and sour casserole is desired, add:
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vinegar
- Brown ground beef in electric skillet; stir to break up.
- Add onion, green pepper, cabbage and rice.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste or puree, water and seasonings.
- Heat to boiling and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add more water if necessary.
- If sweet and sour casserole is desired, add brown sugar and vinegar with other ingredients.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.