Print Friendly Recipe
- MealMaster via Searchable Online Archive of Recipes Site
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). molasses
- 1 tsp (5 ml). beef bouillion granuals
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). package frozen Chinese pea pods
- 1 5 oz (140 grm). can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 5 oz (140 grm). can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 11 oz (308 grm). can Mandarin orange segments, drained, with syrup reserved
- hot rice
- additional soy sauce
- Place meat, onion and garlic in a large skillet.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat from the skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, cornstach and molasses.
- Stir this mixture into the meat mixture.
- Next, add the bouillion, water, pea pods, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and the reserved mandarin orange syrup.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the orange segments.
- Recover and heat for about 2 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice with additional soy sauce.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.