Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) quick oatmeal
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) white corn syrup
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) almond extract
- Cream together sugar, brown sugar, and shortening.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix together well.
- Add remaining cookie ingredients and mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 8 minutes.
- Bring sugar, butter and white corn syrup to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add chopped almonds and almond extract and blend well.
- Add scant amount of topping to top of each cookie.
- Bake an additional 6 to 8 minutes longer.
- Cool before removing from pan.
- These are the best oatmeal cookie ever!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.