Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can salmon
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded chedder cheese
- 1 tsp (5 ml). instant minced onion
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml). salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). flour
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). chopped parsley
- Drain and flake salmon.
- Beat egg yolks with 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk in mixing bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, cheese, onion, 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt, pepper, 2 tsp (10 ml). lemon juice, and salmon.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into salmon mixture.
- Turn mixture into shallow 1 quart (950 ml) baking dish.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Blend in flour and remaining milk gradually.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve over salmon.
- Mackerel is usually a good substitute (and cheaper) for salmon.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.