Print Friendly Recipe
- My Croation mom
- 1 cup (225 ml) margarine
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 cups (950 ml) ground walnuts
- 6 cups (1425 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1 large cake yeast
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) warm milk
- 1/2 pound margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) evaporated milk
- Put filling ingredients in heavy saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes after it starts to boil.
- Cool and divide into 4 bowls to spread on 4 nutrolls.
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar in large bowl.
- Cut in margarine like you do for pie crust.
- Mix evaporated milk, eggs and yeast mixture together and add it all to the dry ingredients.
- Mix with spoon and hands until you have a nice dough.
- Divide it in 4 parts to make 4 nutrolls.
- Roll each one out and spread with 1/4 filling.
- Put 2 rolls each on greased cookie sheets and let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 35 minutes.
- This dough is also good for poppyseed rolls, apricot rolls, etc. Enjoy!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.