Print Friendly Recipe
- salmon pie
- Rainy Mountain Gardens
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped almonds
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). paprika
- 6 tbsp (90 ml). (or less) salad oil
- 1 15-1/2 oz (434 grm). can salmon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) light sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small onion, diced fine
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). (or so) dill weed
- 3 drops (or so) hot pepper sauce
- Blend all crust ingredients.
- Reserve small amount for sprinkling on top of pie. Press remaining into sides and bottom of 9" pie pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 10 minutes. Remove.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Drain salmon.
- Flake and bone salmon.
- Blend eggs, mayo, and sour cream.
- Add salmon and all remaining ingredients except top sprinkling.
- Spoon salmon into crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crust mixture.
- Bake 1 hour or until firm in the center.
- Good hot or cold. I have also served as an appetizer in thin wedges.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.