Print Friendly Recipe
- Carol Welte
- 1 lb (.5 kg). all-purpose potatoes, peeled
- 1 15-1/2 oz (434 grm). can salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 large eggs (or 1/2 cup (125 ml) egg substitute)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped green onions
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine, divided
- lemon wedges, for garnish
- Heat potatoes with water to cover and 1 tsp (5 ml). salt to boiling.
- Cover; cook till fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and mash.
- Combine potatoes, salmon, 1 egg (or 1/4 cup (60 ml) egg substitute), mayonnaise, onions, parsley, lemon juice, pepper and 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt in bowl.
- Shape into six 3 inch patties and place on wax paper.
- Spread flour on large plate.
- Beat remaining egg with milk in shallow dish.
- Spread bread crumbs on another plate.
- Dip salmon patties into flour, then egg mixture, then bread crumbs.
- Melt 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 3 salmon patties and cook till browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter and remaining 3 salmon patties.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.