Print Friendly Recipe
- 3 pounds eastern potatoes
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 3 eggs well beaten
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) bread crumbs
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) nutmeg
- Cook potatoes in water with skins on.
- When soft, peel while hot.
- Put potatoes through a ricer.
- Let cool, overnight in refigerator, then add all ingredients.
- Boil salted water in a large pot or Dutch Oven.
- Form potato mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls..
- When water comes to boil, drop the balls into the water.
- When they rise to the surface, cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, then serve.
- This is a family recipe that was handed down to me by my deceased father. We used to eat then with Sauerbraten. If you are not having Sauerbraten then you mayserve them with any kind of gravy. hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.