Print Friendly Recipe
- Manicotti with ground beef and spinach.
- Carol K.
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 can chopped spinach, drained or 1 box frozen, drained.
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cottage cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 12 cooked manicotti shells
- 1 15-1/2 oz (434 grm). jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Lightly grease 13 x 9 inch pan, set aside.
- Brown beef in skillet and add onion and garlic.
- Saute 3 to 4 minutes until onion is tender; drain off excess fat.
- Remove from heat and add spinach, cottage cheese, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Fill each shell with 1/4 cup (60 ml) of meat mixture.
- Place filled shells in prepared baking pan.
- Pour over spaghetti sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup (125 ml) of grated parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle 1 cup (225 ml) (4 ozs.) shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.