Print Friendly Recipe
- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:1 13 x 9 Cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) Wesson Oil or corn oil
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) allspice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) prunes, cooked, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) nuts, black walnut or pecans
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) white corn syrup
- Blend oil and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Add sifted ingredients alternately with buttermilk.
- Add vanilla, prunes and nuts.
- Pour into greased 13 inch X 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 45 minutes.
- Pour the icing over the cake in the pan while hot.
- Icing directions:
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Boil until soft ball forms in cold water.
- Pour over cake.
- I hope this recipe is close to what you are looking for. I know you said
your Grandmother served whipped topping over her's. If you just want the
cake without the icing I suppose you could just leave it off.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.