Print Friendly Recipe
- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:1 9-inch round cake
- 12 Tbs (175 ml). butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pineapple juice
- 5 whole pineapple rings
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Melt 4 Tbs (60 ml). of the butter in oven proof skillet (or 8 inch or 9 inch cake pan).
- Stir in the brown sugar. Continue to stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the pineapple juice.
- Arrange the pineapple rings in one layer in the pan. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining 8 Tbs (125 ml). butter in a small pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in milk and egg, beating well.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and granulated sugar in a bowl.
- Add milk-egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour over the pineapple slices.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a plate, fruit side up.
- Serve it with whipped cream, if you want.
- This is a recipe from my old reliable FANNIE FARMER COOKBOOK!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.