Print Friendly Recipe
- A traditional Greek cucumber and yogurt dip that's great for today's light style of eating.
- Linda Engbarth Weissert
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeds removed & grated
- 2 cups (475 ml) plain yogurt (fat-free is great!)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 3/4 tbsp (10 ml) red wine vinegar
- Jane's Crazy Salt to taste (I can't find Jane's anymore but Crazy Dave's Salt seems to be identical)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste (use lots!)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) fresh mint, minced (you can use dried but VERY sparingly)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Blend all ingredients together and chill for 1 hour.
- Serve with wedges of pita bread.
- For a real show-stopper of a presentation I like to put the dip in a
bowl in the center of a huge platter & surround it with the pita wedges,
cherry tomatoes, pepperocini, cubes of feta cheese and kalamata olives.
The colors are beautiful and its still low fat if you avoid the olives
(but what the heck!). Try tucking a piece of cheese or tomato or
whatever into the pita wedge before scooping. Your guests are gonna
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.