Print Friendly Recipe
- I Dunno
- 2 pkgs. dry yeast in 2 cups (475 ml) warm water
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil
- 8 cups (1900 ml) flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp (15 ml). salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- Combine flour, salt, sugar and baking powder; mix well.
- Add oil, eggs and yeast mixture.
- Knead very well for 5 minutes.
- Put in a bowl and let rise (double).
- Punch down and knead well again; let rest 5 minutes.
- Shape Challah (divide in 4).
- Put in lightly greased loaf pan and let rise again.
- Mix egg yolk and water and brush top of loaves/rolls.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.