Print Friendly Recipe
- Yankee Pot Roast is when you add vegetables to simmering roast half way through cooking.
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). round or chuck roast
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water, beef broth, or beer (I use beer with about 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried basil, or thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into fourths
- 3 sweet potatoes cut into thirds
- 8 carrots, cut into thirds
- Trim excess fat from roast.
- Heat about 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil in Dutch oven.
- Coat all sides of meat with flour.
- Brown meat slowly on all sides.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add water or desired liquid. (if using the honey add it now)
- Add basil or thyme, and Worcestershire.
- Cover , bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add vegetables, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and contiue cooking about 45 minutes to 1 hour or till meat and vegetables are tender.
- Add additional water or liquid to prevent sticking.
- When making gravy, buy a bottle of gravy master. Take 1 cup water and
add to it in measuring cup about 3 Tablespoons corn starch, stir with
whisk add a little at a time to gravy to thicken. Follow instructions for
gravy master of amount to use in gravy. Slice meat thickly, and serve
with vegetables and gravy. HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!! IT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.