Print Friendly Recipe
- Cynthia Montalvo
Serves/Makes:2 qts. of dressing
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) diced celery
- 2 tsp (10 ml). poultry seasoning
- 2 qts. stuffing bread cubed
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) liquid (milk, broth, or water)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped onion
- 2 cups (475 ml) grated raw carrots (washed and peeled)
- Mix onion, celery and carrots in butter and cook over low heat.
- Stir occassionally until onion is soft but not brown.
- Mix seasonings with bread cubes.
- Add onion, celery, carrot and butter to seasoned bread cubes.
- Pour liquid gradually over the mixture stirring lightly (do not mash bread mixture.)
- Add more seasoning if desired.
- Stuff your bird, and note that cooking time is longer when the bird is stuffed.
- I have used this recipe every year since 1973. It is not only my
personal favorite, handed down to me by my mother, it is also the
favorite of my husband and our three children. My two oldest are now
on their own and this was the first recipe they asked for.
It makes enough stuffing for an 8-10 lbs. turkey. Enjoy!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.