Print Friendly Recipe
- Quick and easy
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground allspice
- 2 chickens, cut up and skinned
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry sherry
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) minced garlic
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato paste
- 1 can condenced tomato soup
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- cooked noodles or gnocci
- In skillet, brown chicken in shortening.
- Transfer chicken to roaster pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to drippings, and simmer 10 minuites.
- Pour over chicken and bake at uncovered 350 degrees (175 C.) until tender.
- Serve over cooked noodles or gnocci.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.