Print Friendly Recipe
- carol k
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). vegetable oil
- 1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). snipped parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) fennel seed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small bay leaf
- dash of cayenne red pepper
- 2 cans condensed chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). cornstarch
- 1 lb (.5 kg). frozen cod, partially thawed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cook and stir onion and celery in oil in 3 qt. saucepan over medium heat until onion is tender and celery is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid, parsley, lemon juice, salt, thyme, oregano, fennel seed, garlic, bayleaf and red pepper.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Stir in broth.
- Mix water and cornstarch; stir into broth mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Stir in cod.
- Simmer uncovered until cod flakes easily with fork, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.