Print Friendly Recipe
- Quick and easy casserole
- Joyce Anderson
- 4 small cans tomato sauce
- 4 small cans tomato paste
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground Italian sausage
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can water (I use half water - half wine)
- 2 tsp (10 ml). basil
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml). parsley
- 3 tsp (15 ml). garlic salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). pepper
- Casserole Ingredients:
- 1 lb (.5 kg). mozzerella cheese - diced
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) cottage cheese
- 1 pkg. large shell pasta
- Prepare sauce:
- Brown meats; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, paste, water, and spices.
- Simmer 45 minutes to an hour.
- Cook noodles until tender; drain.
- Pour noodles into a large casserole dish.
- Stir in cottage cheese, mozzerella, and cheddar cheese.
- Ladle sauce over mixture - blend in until you get a good mixture that isn't dry.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- The sauce recipe will be more than you need. This casserole freezes well
so you can make extra and freeze for another meal.
Any type of sauce (scratch or bottled) can be substituted.
Great for large crowd - and for potlucks. A real crowd pleaser!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.