Print Friendly Recipe
- Homemade tortilla chips
- Maria Luna
- 24 corn tortillas, 2 days old
- 3 cups (700 ml) oil (peanut or vegetable)
- paper towels to drain
- chili powder(optional)
- Cut tortillas into eighths with a sharp knife.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium high heat.
- Fry about a cup of tortilla wedges at a time till crisp. This take about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove to paper toweling to drain and sprinkle lightly with salt and chili powder.
- Continue until all tortilla wedges are are fried.
- Excellent with salsa, pico de gallo, or guacamole.
- My darling grandma makes these all the time. They are an excellent way to
use up tortillas. The older tortillas seem to taste better then the fresh
ones, at least that what my family thinks. We call them Grama's
Tortillitas because as a child I couldn't say "grandma". It came out
grama. The tortillitas came from my brothers. It means Little tortillas,
at least that what my brothers say.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.