Print Friendly Recipe
- A Southern recipe
- 6 center cut pork chops
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pancake mix
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) minced onion
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salad oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) boiling water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Wipe chops; sprinkle with salt and pepper and coat with pancake flour.
- Brown chops on both sides and remove from skillet.
- Saute onions with salt, pepper and sugar until brown and tender.
- Stir in flour; stirring until well blended.
- Gradually add boiling water and cook until sauce thickens.
- Lay chops in a baking dish and pour sauce over; cover pan with foil.
- Bake in oven 90 minutes at 300 degrees (150 C.). Remove chops to serving platter.
- Strain gravy through seive, pressing onions through with wooden spoon.
- Serve each chop with a generous portion of sauce.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.