Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 pork chops (medium thickness)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) oil
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) dry sherry or broth
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) soy sauce (recommend low-sodium)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- cooked rice
- Trim pork chops of fat.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Brown chops on both sides.
- Remove and add a little more oil if needed.
- Saute garlic for a minute, being careful not to burn it.
- Combine oil, sherry or broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, and red pepper.
- Place chops in skillet.
- Pour sauce over them and cover tightly.
- Simmer over low heat until chops are tender and cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add a little water if neeeded to keep sauce from cooking down too much.
- Turn once.
- Remove chops to platter.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into pan. Cook until thickened.
- Pour over pork shops.
- Serve over bed of rice if preferred.
- I actually got this recipe from this website a few months ago. I've
altered it slightly, but I don't deserve the credit for it's creation.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.