Print Friendly Recipe
- A breakfast casserole
- Lee Anna
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) diced or shredded potatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) onions (or less)
- 1 cup (225 ml) cubed ham (1/4 lb (.1 kg).)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Cheddar cheese (sharp)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml). black pepper
- In heavy skillet melt butter.
- Add potatoes, onions and salt.
- Stir until well coated.
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in ham.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In small bowl beat eggs, salt, and pepper, then pour over potato mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake 5 more minutes.
- The best way to do this would be to cook all the potatoes and ham, then
refrigerate. The next morning you could pour the eggs over and bake while
you're getting ready for work. Then you could add the cheese and microwave
at work. The whole casserole keeps well in the refrigerator too.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.