Print Friendly Recipe
- From Ronzoni Orzo Pasta box
- Rainy Mountain Gardens
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). extra lean ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). each dried basil leaves and onion powder
- 5-3/4 cups (1350 ml) (46 oz (1288 grm). can) chicken broth
- 2 cups (475 ml) thinly sliced escarole or spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) (3 oz (84 grm).) RONZONI Orzo, uncooked
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) finely chopped carrot
- grated parmesan cheese
- In medium bowl, combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, cheese and seasonings; shape into 3/4" balls.
- In large saucepan heat broth to boiling.
- Stir in meatballs, escarole, orzo and carrot.
- Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook at a slow boil 10 minutes or until orzo is tender, stirring frequently.
- Serve sprinkled with cheese.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.