Print Friendly Recipe
- Charlene Collins
- 10 cups (2350 ml) zucchini, finely chopped
- 4 cups (950 ml) onions, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper (sweet), finely chopped
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) pickling salt
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) white vinegar
- 1 large cayenne pepper with seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dry mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) turmeric
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) celery salt
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) sugar
- Chop the veggies and sprinkle salt over them. Mix well. Let stand overnight.
- Drain the veggies. Rinse thoroughly with cold tap water. Drain again.
- Place the veggies in a large kettle with the remaining ingredients. (Puree the cayenne pepper in blender with a little of the vinegar for better flavor.)
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes until thick.
- Meanwhile preheat hot tap water and jars in canner. Prepare lids.
- Pack jars. Leave 1/2 inch headspace.
- Put filled jars in preheated canner. Process for 10 minutes once water has returned to a boil.
- Cool jars. Check seals. Remove screw bands. Label. Store.
- Found in The Busy Person's Guide to Preserving Food. Delicious!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.