Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, cleaned, and cut into thin strips.
- 1 red pepper, cleaned and cut into thin strips
- 1 large spanish onion, halved, then cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced celery (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 large can whole tomatoes, cut into fourths
- Cut steak into strips, put into large plastic bowl with a cover.
- Mix soy sauce, garlic, oil, together pour over steak, toss to coat, let stand one hour or more, covered in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, pour meat mixture into frying pan or wok, allow meat to brown thoroughly on all sides
- Add pepper, onion, and celery if used, cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes over low heat or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir cornstarch and water together add to pepper steak, stir until thickened.
- Add tomatoes, cook 5 to 10 minutes longer, or until meat is tender.
- Serve over boiled white rice.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.