Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) all bran flakes
- 1 cup (225 ml) 100% bran
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) boiling water
- 2 cups (475 ml) buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- Combine brans, salt, stir in boiling water, then buttermilk.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Cream sugar and oil.
- Add eggs.
- Combine flour, soda, baking powder, add to mix.
- Stir in just enough to moisten.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- My mother has made these bran muffins for many years and they are a real
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.