Print Friendly Recipe
- Kate Ransdell
- 2 medium-size ripe tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 thick slice (3/4-inch) white onion
- 2 jalapeno chiles
- 1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Mexican oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- In a bowl toss tomato, bell peppers, onion slice and jalapeno in the oil.
- Grill over charcoal fire until vegetables are soft and richly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Pull off and discard tops from jalapenos and bell peppers; puree them with all other ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- This is best if served at room temperature with grilled poultry or fish.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.