Print Friendly Recipe
- Leigh Ann
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). ground chuck or lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). sausage (preferably italian)
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can cut tomato, undrained
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). Oregano
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). Thyme
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). Basil
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). Garlic Powder
- a dash of pepper
- In a large skillet, brown the ground chuck and sausage.
- Pour meat into a collander to drain.
- Using the same skillet, saute the onion in whatever grease is left from the meat.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Add herbs and return meat to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Serve over hot spaghetti!
- If you prefer, you can omit the meat, and saute the onion in a Tbsp. of
vegetable oil instead. Or, you could saute 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped,
along with the onion. Also, if you're in a hurry, you can use 2 cans of
tomato sauce, omitting the canned tomatoes, use a Tbsp. of Onion powder
instead of the onions, and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes instead of
simmering. For extra tasty spaghetti, try sprinkling a little parmesan
cheese over the sauce just before serving.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.