Print Friendly Recipe
- A mall/gourmet taste treat
- a copykat recipe
Serves/Makes:2 dozen pretzels
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) warm water
- 1-1/8 tsp (6 ml). active dry yeast (1 1/2 pkg.)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1-1/8 tsp (6 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) bread flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) regular flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) warm water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). baking soda
- coarse salt, to taste
- 2 to 4 tbsp (60 ml) melted butter
- Sprinkle yeast on lukewarm water in mixing bowl.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Add flour and knead dough until it is smooth and elastic.
- Let rise at least 1/2 hour.
- Prepare a baking soda bath with 2 cups (475 ml) warmwater and 2 tbsp (30 ml) baking soda, while dough is rising.
- Be certain to stir often.
- Pinch off bits of dough after it is done rising.
- Roll into a long rope, about 1/2 inch or less in thickness.
- Shape rope into a typical pretzel shape.
- Dip pretzel into soda solution and place onto a greased baking sheet.
- Allow pretzels to rise again.
- Bake in a 450 degree (225 C.) F. oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with coarse salt.
- For Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels:
- Melt a stick of butter in a shallow bowl, big enough to fit the entire pretzel.
- Make a mixture of sugar and cinnamon in another shallow bowl.
- Dip the pretzel into the butter, coating both sides generously.
- Dip the buttered pretzel into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- The longer and thinner you can make the dough rope,
the more like Auntie Annie's they will be.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.