Print Friendly Recipe
- The Sunset Italian Cookbook
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) water (more as required)
- additional all-purpose flour for kneading,rolling,and cutting
- Put flour in a bowl and form a well in the center of the flour.
- Break eggs into the well and with a fork.
- Beat eggs lightly and stir in 2 tbsp (30 ml). of the water.
- Using a circular motion begin to draw flour from the sides of the well.
- Add more 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the water and continue mixing until flour is moistened. If necessary, add more water.
- When dough becomes stiff, use hands to finish mixing.
- Pat dough into a ball and knead a few times to help flour absorb the liquid.
- Put onto floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes and let rise for 20 minutes.
- If you use a pasta machine to cut it knead for only 3-4 minutes and there is no need to let it rise.
- Roll out 1/4 of dough at a time to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.