Print Friendly Recipe
- Very dark and moist delicious chocolate cake.
- Angela Creighton
Serves/Makes:8 to 10 servings
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Hershey's cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour milk (add 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice to milk)
- 1 cup (225 ml) strong coffee (1 tbsp (15 ml) instant coffee to water)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- With electric mixer, beat all ingredients well for three minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 inch x 13 inch pan.
- Bake 350 degrees (175 C.) F. for 35 to 40 minutes.
- I have replaced the eggs with egg substitute, used skim milk, and substituted applesauce for the oil to make the cake low fat. It is delicious.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.